Home Improvements

12:21 PM

We have lived in our house for more than 12 years, and what with owning a small store, I really haven't put any energy, money, or time towards home improvement other than what was necessary.  Finally this year that changed. We decided to start with getting the downstairs painted.  


Our home has an open floor plan so we picked a single color to go throughout the downstairs, letting the light change the color.  First we hired amazing painters, PAR Painters.  They had a reasonable bid & really worked with us to pick the right color.  

Here are some of the pictures I got inspiration from;

Love the calmess of the grey against the sophistication of the ebony wood dining room set.

I love how the turquoise pops against the grey.

And I love how this table turned out when painted Chalk Paint® Paris Grey with Graphite wash.
I've also been pinning tons of pictures ang shades of grey were pretty consistent for me.  Check out my pages on Pinterist for more of my inspiration.

So, I convinced the rest of the family that grey was the way to go & after a couple of weeks we picked Sherwin Williams Front Porch.  This is a great color that is mostly blue-grey, and yet sometimes green-grey.

Next getting the painting started.

You Might Also Like

0 comments