Annie Sloan Chalk Paint - Projects

10:00 AM

As promised, I'm back with pictures of items I have painted with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint (ASCP).


This dresser is so beautiful now that it has been painted.  I used the ASCP duck egg, it took about a 1 1/2 coats, painted with a brush.  Then I coated it with the clear wax and touched up with the dark wax along the edges.  I decided to paint all the metal hardware since none of it was damaged.
Originally, this dresser had been painted a light pink, covering up the gold and green style that was so popular in the 60's.


This beautiful armoire, from Pennsylvania, was bare wood, kind of blah.  I painted the outside in ASCP old violet. I only painted 1 coat with a paint pad.  When the paint was dry, I noticed how the paint had reacted to the wood and created a nice 'rosy' tone, which I loved so I didn't paint anymore and then just clear waxed and dark waxed.

This desk is classic french provencal style, it was off white, gold, and olive green laminate over great solid wood.  I cleaned, repaired a drawer, and then painted it ASCP paris grey.  It took about 1 1/2 coats, with a brush, then clear wax.  I also, painted the hardware on this one, because it was so perfect.  I love the lines of this desk, and it is amazing in the ASCP paris grey.  The paint stuck to the laminate perfectly, although I did give it a little longer than the 1 hour to dry.


This table was painted with chateau grey on top, old white for the legs.  Then I mixed some old white with the clear wax and waxed the top.  I'll do another blog on this table because it turned out so uniquely and it took quite a few steps.

You Might Also Like

0 comments