Arles

7:22 AM

I love all the amazing Chalk Paint® Decorative Paint by Annie Sloan; I have been selling Chalk Paint® in my store, Not Too Shabby since July 2010, and I am completely addicted to how creative you can be with all of the colors, waxes, and techniques.  


I have been painting furniture for over 25 years, and I've tried lots of different kinds of paint, finishes, and styles.  I have had the store since 2005, and have continued to refine my painting style and technique with various products, trying to get that amazing patina found on vintage pieces that have aged naturally. Since I have started painting with the Chalk Paint®. I am smitten!  I really think these are the best paint and waxes in the world for painting furniture!

I started sharing about each of the colors last year with Antibes Green.  Today, I thought we could explore Arles.      



From Annie's blog, http://anniesloanpaintandcolour.blogspot.co.uk, she explained the proper pronounceation. 'This is how to say the French say it  http://www.forvo.com/word/arles/#fr Quite difficult for our English tongues!'

Chalk Paint® decorative paints by Annie Sloan are European influenced & named.  Arles comes from  a town in the South of France.


(Photo from Annie's Blog)

The color is a rich ochre yellow.  I love it on large or small pieces.


This was a great antique folk-made hutch, it was beautiful in Arles.


This end-table is from Annie Sloan Unfolded.

If you're still a little trepidatious about this beautiful color, stop into Not Too Shabby and check out the Arles blends from our Annie Sloan workbook, or any of the new pieces - just finished a very large double pedestal table with Chateau Grey Legs & an Arles top.  Here's a picture of the table before waxing.

How do you enjoy Arles?

B

You Might Also Like

0 comments