Antibes Green Inspiration

10:08 PM

I love Chalk Paint® decorative paint by Annie Sloan, and one of my favorite colors is Antibes Green.  It's a beautiful bright green with clear wax, and deepens to a rich green with dark wax.  


Annie wrote "Antibes is one of the towns between Nice and Cannes in the  French Riviera .  Now there are billionaires yachts  moored in the harbour but it still retains a certain magic and when I visited there a few years ago I cried when I had to leave. .... The light is incredible......  colours do seem to glow and shimmer ......No wonder  Antibes was favoured by so many really famous artists in the late 19th & early 20th century. Picasso, Matisse, Renoir, Bonnard, Derain, and many others worked and lived there.  This is what made me want to call my brilliant green Antibes."



From Coastal Living February 2015.



Beautiful side table painted Antibes Green with dark wax.



This picture is from Annie's book, but we've duplicated this look several times on farm tables at the store.  It's always a winning combination with the Antibes Green on the legs and a beautiful waxed finish top.



(Pinterist) - Wonderful spring room, grounded by the dark coffee table and frames.



(Pinterist) - another great pop of color against the white.


(Pinterist)
I love the chippy finish on this piece with just a few accents in green.



(Pinterist) - the dark wax on this green gives it a great patina and it's a a wonderful pop against the white of the kitchen.

Have you tried Antibes Green yet!

B

You Might Also Like

0 comments