Antibes Green

8:00 AM

I love all the amazing Annie Sloan Chalk Paint®; I have been selling Annie Sloan Chalk Paint® in my store, Not Too Shabby since July 2010, and I am completely addicted to how creative you can be with all of the colors, waxes, and techniques.  I have been painting furniture for over 25 years, and I've tried lots of different kinds of paint, finishes, and styles.  I have had the store since 2005, and have continued to refine my painting style and technique with various products, trying to get that amazing patina found on vintage pieces that have aged naturally. Since I have started painting with the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint®. I am smitten!  I really think these are the best paint and waxes in the world for painting furniture!

Because so many of you first timers come into the store looking for this fantastic paint I thought we could start with some information about each of the colors, a little history, examples, and inspiration.  Lets start out with Antibes Green.


Antibes Green is a bright happy apple green.  You can't help but smile when you see this color.  According to Annie's blog "Antibes Green comes to our palette from two sources - the neo-classical palaces, such as the Fontainebleau Palace and in Schloss Charlottenburg in Potsdam, and from the villages around Provence where countless artists have been inspired by the colours of painted furniture, shutters and doors."  Picture from www.anniesloanunfolded.com


We have used Antibes Green as an accent with Napoleonic Blue, mixed with Paris Grey, and accent trim with Scandinavian Pink.  Here's a great piece painted by Forget Me Not Furnishings in Venice Fla.  (check them out at http://www.facebook.com/ForgetMeNotFurnishings)



Here's a great folk-made cabinet we painted Antibes Green:


Here's some variations on Antibes Green when added to Old White:

Don't be afraid of using this color as a statement on a focal piece. One of our Beginning Chalk Paint® workshop Graduates painted her entry piece in Antibes Green - and it is simply beautiful!



What have you painted Antibes Green?

Bobbi

You Might Also Like

0 comments